March 25 - A MEMORY, A MONOLOGUE, A RANT, AND A PRAYER
- Dylan McDermott
- A Golden Globe winner and Emmy nominee, Dylan McDermott has proved his talent in film, television and theater. McDermott's television credits include ABC's "Big Shots;" TNT's dramatic limited series "The Grid" opposite Julianna Margulies; and David E. Kelley's Emmy Award-winning series "The Practice." Other theatre credits include Neil Simon's production of "Biloxi Blues" on Broadway and "Golden Boy" directed by Joanne Woodward at the Williamstown Theater Festival.
- Garcelle Beauvais
- A Haitian- born actress, who immigrated to the United States at the age of seven with her sisters and mother, Garcelle Beauvais has entertained both television and film audiences alike with her dramatic and comedic abilities. Beginning in summer 2011, Garcelle will be seen co-starring alongside Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar as 'Hanna Linden' in the TNT legal drama "Franklin & Bash." Garcelle also recently finished work on “Eyes to See,” which focuses on the Haiti earthquake, and is inspired by the writer/director's personal involvement with the Haitian relief effort right after tragedy. Garcelle began modeling at the age of seventeen and easily transitioned to acting in the Aaron Spelling series "Models, Inc." After that, she co-starred opposite Jamie Foxx for five years on the popular WB sitcom "The Jamie Foxx Show." For four seasons she also starred on the highly rated Emmy© Award-winning series "NYPD Blue." Other television credits include; a starring role opposite Tim Daly in the ABC television show; “Eyes” and guest appearances on "Human Target," "Crash," "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "The Bernie Mac Show," and "The Bonnie Hunt Show." Garcelle’s feature film credits include the Film Independent Award-nominated “American Gun,” with Forrest Whitaker, Marcia Gay Harden and Donald Sutherland, "Women in Trouble" with Simon Baker and Josh Brolin, "Barbershop 2: Back in Business," with Queen Latifah and "Bad Company," opposite Chris Rock and Anthony Hopkins.
Garcelle currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Jack McGee
- Born and raised in the South Bronx, veteran character actor Jack McGee started as a New York City firefighter in the late 1970s. Appropriately so, he got his first big part in the 1985 firefighter film, TURK 182, and then moved to Hollywood where he went on to appear in a series of feature films, television movies, and TV series. Jack’s most notable role has been as Chief Jerry Reilly on FX’s edgy firefighter drama, "Rescue Me." Currently, Jack can be seen in the critically acclaimed film, THE FIGHTER, opposite Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. Later this year, he will also be seen in DRIVE ANGRY with Nicolas Cage and MONEYBALL alongside Brad Pitt. Jack recently wrapped NEW YEAR’S EVE, directed by Garry Marshall, and will soon start production on "Common Law," a pilot for USA Network.
- John Ciccolini
- John was nominated for the LA Weekly Award for Outstanding Solo Performance for Frank Sinatra Screwed Up My Life. Past theatre credits include The Catskill Sonata directed by Paul Mazursky. John’s television guest appearances include Castle, No Ordinary Family, Dexter, Justified, ER, The Sitter, Dirty Sexy Money, Las Vegas, Everybody Hates Chris, Veronica Mars, Joey, Becker, Boston Public, Live From Baghdad, The Division, N.Y.P.D. Blue and Push, Nevada. www.johnciccolini.com.
- Larry Wilmore
- Larry started his career as an actor and stand-up comic before transitioning to television writing and producing in the early 90s. He's written for shows such as In Living Color, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and co-created the animated show The PJs with Eddie Murphy. He then created "The Bernie Mac Show" starring the late great Bernie Mac. After appearing on and writing for "The Office", Larry joined "The Daily Show" and is known as the "Senior Black Correspondent". Larry has been nominated and received numerous awards including an Emmy, a Peabody, Humanitas, TV Critics and NAACP Image Award.
- Sekou Andrews
- A week in the life of Motivational Poet Sekou Andrews could find him presenting an original piece for international executives, giving the keynote at a healthcare conference, or performing poems for Barack Obama in Oprah’s backyard. This schoolteacher turned actor, voiceover artist, award-winning musician and two-time national poetry slam champion creates customized spoken word presentations for such fortune 500 companies as Kraft, Nike, eBay, and Microsoft, as well as conferences and nonprofits like TEDMED, the ACLU, and Health 2.0. Sekou does more than inspire you with his story, he inspires you with your story - at TheSekouEffect.com.
- Vincent M. Ward
- Vincent M. Ward, a native of Dayton Ohio, was born a true leader. No stranger to the stage, television or big screen, this talented actor has co-starred on Middle Man, Gary Unmarried, Dollhouse, The Game, Girlfriends, Unhitched, Head Cases, C.S.I, The Bold and the Beautiful, Robbery Homicide, Viva Laughlin, CSI Miami, Big Shots, Desperate Housewives, Days Of Our Lives, The Wire, NCIS and recurring on Everybody Hates Chris, Hot In Cleveland and The Starter Wife as Bo or guest starring on Knight Rider as Eddie and True Blood as Hollis. Vincent makes it a practice to participate in a number of charity events each year. His most recent was Alex’s Lemonade Stand which is a campaign to raise money to help find cures for childhood cancers. With God on his side Ward feels there is nothing he can’t achieve. www.vincentmward.com
SPECIAL MUSICAL GUEST
- Chris Pierce
- Born and raised in Southern California, Chris Pierce is a soul singer and an underground music legend. With his second all analog studio recording under his belt entitled "Walking on the Earth," and over 350 live performances in the past two years, Chris Pierce is living by his own words, "Keep on keeping on". He believes in making albums that not only feel good as a whole but can also be broken down and be rediscovered again and again, one song at a time. www.chrispierce.com
March 26 - THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES
- Barbara Bain
- Barbara Bain is probably best known for her work in the landmark television series "Mission: Impossible," where she created the pivotal role of "Cinnamon Carter," and, in the process, became the first actress in the history of television to receive three consecutive Emmy Awards for Best Dramatic Actress. Ms. Bain followed with the role of "Dr. Helena Russel" in the now classic British syndicated science fiction television series "Space: 1999." Her stage work has garnered her critical acclaim for Arthur Kopit's "Wings," Samuel Beckett's "Happy Days," Eugene Ionesco's "The Chairs," and Eugene O'Neill's "Long Days Journey." Other credits include the films, "Spirit of ’76," "Panic," "Animals," "Trust Me," "American Gun" and about to be released, "Nothing Special." Ms. Bain is the founder of the Screen Actors Guild’s "Bookpals" Literacy Program, which expanded from a Los Angeles endeavor to a nationwide program for which Ms. Bain was recognized by the President of the United States.
- Cleo King
- Cleo King is currently a series regular on the CBS show Mike & Molly as Grandma/Nana. You may have also seen her in the movies The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Valentine's Day & The Life Of David Gale. Some of her favorite shows on the small screen include Sons of Anarchy, Deadwood, NCIS, CSI, Monk & Six Feet Under. She is a native of St. Louis, Missouri, by way of New York City where she did theatre for 10 years...Cleo is happy to return to the stage this evening to help such a great cause.
- Deborah Kagan
- Sensual Lifestyle Specialist, educator and author, Deborah is over the moon about being in THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES. She is dedicated to living out loud, speaking the truth and shedding light on the places that appear dark. Deborah helps women turn their lives into a sensual experience. Her methods combine over 20 years of information and experience in the fields of holistic health and human sexuality. You can connect with her at www.deborah-kagan.com.
- Gabby Sinalitro
- Gabby is originally from Chicago and has been involved with performing on the stage for many years. She was most recently seen in The Vagina Monologues for VDAYLA last month. She's also a company member of Theatre of Note where she has performed in several original works including A Vast Wreck, BrandoHead, and Before I Wake. TV and Film credits include: Dexter, Criminal Minds, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, Scream of the Bikini, Everybody Wants to be Italian, and The Kid and I. She’s really thrilled and excited to be a part of another Vagina experience. www.gabbysanalitro.com
- Gwendoline Yeo
- Gwendoline Yeo got her break playing Eva Longoria's naughty maid, Xiao-Mei on "Desperate Housewives" season 2 and 3 in which Mark Cherry submitted her for an emmy nomination. She was also nominated for a NAMIC best actress award as Sun Fu and handpicked by Walter Hill and Robert Duvall to star in AMC's emmy award winning "Broken Trail." Born in Singapore and moving to America as a tween, she created, wrote and starred in a successful run of her one woman show “Laughing With My Mouth Wide Open” charting a journey from abuse and suppression to freedom and laughter that the LA Times described as "Brilliant."
- Hattie Winston
- Hattie Winston, recognized as a renowed actor, singer, director and entrepreneur, starred opposite Ted Danson in the CBS-TV hit comedy series BECKER for six seasons as Margaret, the strong, level-headed nurse/office manager, which garnered her an NAACP Image Award nomination. Hattie has graced theatres on and off-Broadway, around the country and abroad, and was joined by her husband, Tony nominated composer/orchestrator Harold Wheeler, where they subsequently presented other artists such as Freda Payne and Sally Kellerman. Highlights of Ms. Winston’s stage career include: I Love My Wife, Scapino, A Photograph, The Me Nobody Knows and The Tap Dance Kid, Mother Courage (won Best Actress Obie and Audelco Awards). Ms. Winston directed and performed in the acclaimed For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf at Los Angeles’ Ford Theatre and has done The Vagina Monologues many times. Some of Ms. Winston’s TV credits include Homefront (series regular), Nurse (series regular), and PBS’s The Electric Company (series regular). She has guest-starred on Castle, ER, Cold Case, The Game, Numbers, Scrubs (recurring), Smart Guy, Malcolm and Eddie. Film: Jackie Brown, True Crime, The Rugrats Movie and Beverly Hills Cop III. Ms. Winston recently wrote and directed The Slave Narratives: A Mighty, Mighty People at The Denver Center for the Performing Arts. She was honored to be asked by Councilman Bernard Parks to perform excerpts from Slave Narratives at the California African American Museum. Ms. Winston is currently writing a book.
- Iona Morris
- Miss Morris has recurred on "The District," "As The World Turns," & other shows. Guest starred on "LAW & ORDER: L.A.," "Cold Case," "The Shield," etc. Iona’s won several acting awards. Worked in regional theatre and coast to coast. She’s a writer, director & voiceover talent. Check out her reels on vimeo.com/ and www.moistonstage.com.
- Iris Bahr
- Iris Bahr is a critically acclaimed writer, actor and director. Having starred on numerous television shows, she is best known for her recurring role as the Orthodox Jewish Girl Rachel Heinemann, that gets stuck on a ski-lift with Larry David on CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM.
Her most recent solo show, "DAI (enough)", in which she plays 11 different characters in a Tel Aviv cafe moments before a suicide bomber enters, won the prestigious Lucille Lortel Award for Best Solo Show, and is currently being adapted into a feature film. Ms. Bahr is also the writer, director, star and executive producer of the original TV series Svetlana which will air on Mark Cuban's network HDnet on May 27th.
Her newest solo show DAI (enough), garnered much critical acclaim and enjoyed an extensive run Off Broadway, as well as a sold-out smash hit run at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and a command performance at the United Nations. She currently resides in NY and Los Angeles.
- Liz Hernandez
- Born and raised in Riverside, California, Liz Hernandez began her radio career while majoring in both Communications and Psychology at the University of San Diego and interning for a local radio station. After graduating from college, Liz briefly moved to Monterey to co-host a morning show. She then moved back to Southern California to join Power 106. As part of Big Boy’s Neighborhood, Liz reports on entertainment news in her "This Just Handed to Me" segment, covering everything from awards shows and red carpets to one-on-ones with Hollywood's biggest stars. Liz, who was recognized by the National Hispanic Media Coalition for excellence in radio broadcasting, can also be heard NATIONWIDE. Big Boy’s Neighborhood airs live Monday-Friday, 6am-10am in all time zones! Liz has worked for MTV as a correspondent for MTV News and MTV Tres, not to mention countless cameos on HBO and network TV. Liz co-hosted for the TV show, California’s Lotto's, "Make Me A Millionaire." Liz is also the 2006-2007 poster girl for the Los Angeles Kings hockey team. Liz has just signed on as the 2010 model for Coors Light!
- Nadege August
- Nadege August was born in Brooklyn, New York, but was raised in Haiti from the ages of four to fourteen. She made her feature film debut in The Brothers. Since then she's appeared in various film projects. On television, she was a series regular on "Silverlake". Guest appearances include ER, The Unit , Accidentally on Purpose and Mr. Sunshine. In 2008, she received an NAACP Theatre Award nomination for her role of Abbie Putnam in a production of Eugene O'Neill's Desire Under the Elms. Nadege has just returned from a trip to Port-au-Prince, Haiti where she spent time in a makeshift orphanage which uses tents to house and feed fifty-seven children from the ages of 6 mos to 13. This orphanage is run by a local Haitian woman. Inspired by Eve Ensler's words when she spoke of Myriam Merlet, "...there are so many extraordinary women in Haiti, forces of nature and resilience who know full well what to do with the country's future...", Nadege is now actively fund raising for this Haitian orphanage, (FODHA). www.nadegeaugust.com.
- Rebecca Wisocky
- Rebecca Wisocky is delighted to be supporting this wonderful cause. Her recent theatre credits include the critically acclaimed God’s Ear at the Vineyard and Amazons and Their Men with Clubbed Thumb for which she was awarded an OBIE. A frequent guest star on television, she currently recurs on The Mentalist and 90210 and can next be seen as Lillian Rearden in Atlas Shrugged and as Queen Mab in the Season 4 Premiere of True Blood.
- Wendy Hammers
- Actress (Curb your Enthusiasm, The Sopranos, Bernie Mac, Oprah, Craig Ferguson). Writer Tousmesregimes.com (Marabout Press) and What was I Thinking? (St. Martin's Press). Producer (Tasty Words™, The Hungry & Horny Show™). Wendy would like to dedicate her performance to her blessed vagina, and to her fabulous son Griffin, who happily, joyously came out of it, and her beloved newlywed husband Garth, who happily, joyously comes into it. www.wendyhammers.com.